…. 10th in a 10 part series on what it takes to be truly successful in sales.
When you communicate, your message is conveyed by these three elements:
- What you are saying
- Your body language
- Your thinking
Of the three, what you are thinking is the most influential.
Why? Because people respond to how they feel, and what they feel is your emotional energy. What you are thinking is the primary signal they sense. In other words, what you are thinking is your message.
It is surprising that most professionals do very little preparation in this important area.
Better ideas, better results:
If you invest in upgrading your beliefs to align with a win/win conversation, your confidence, impact, and results will increase. You will be heard.
The question is where to begin.
Since you cannot fake caring or concern, you must prepare well before you make the call.
Here are some questions to get the process started. It is best to sit quietly and write out your honest answers. Answer them as a group at one sitting. The more quality time you spend, the better.
- What do you truly believe about the product or service you sell?
- How do you want the customer to be improved by using this product?
- Why do you believe it will do what you claim?
- What values of yours play a part in these discussions?
- What do you believe about the process of selling?
6. What can you convey to the customer that indicates you will deliver everything you promise?
Others to help you hone in on what you want to believe:
Remind yourself on every call:
- Your presence is your value system and will have a huge impact on the prospect. Know what you believe and what you stand for.
- Your sub-conscious is the main director of how you communicate. Do not let it run unguided.
- Be self assured on all aspects of the meeting. Prepare. The minute any doubt creeps in, you telegraph that you do not really believe what you are saying or asking.
- Prospects respond more to your essence & energy than the product.
- You either radiate confidence, commitment and caring or you do not. There is no middle ground.
You can develop new beliefs over time. It does not take long. Use these questions and this simple process. You will see results.
Please send me a note on how you use this and what you gain.
Los Angeles Ca 310 486 7526